Arts and Letters
To communicate, preserve and promote all forms of arts that express the Black Experience in positive and liberating ways, especially those that present Black women in positive roles. Our mission is to design a program that promotes awareness and appreciation of different art forms, facilitates skill development in the areas of arts advocacy and fosters cultural enrichment and creativity.
Activities may include:
- Sorority enrichment programs – attending plays and musicals
- Annual Kwanzaa Celebration
- Annual Kuumba Tribute for African-American Women who excel in the Arts
- Red Carpet Events – includes attending movie premieres, movie screenings, etc.
- DSTv – encouraging members and the community to watch African-American television programming
- Deltas Reads Book Club – supporting authors and promoting their books sales
- Art celebration for children, i.e., African American book drive for youth
- Advocacy for arts funding
- Annual Arts for Teachers Grant (Click here for the Arts for Teachers Grant application)
- Youth Art Showcase
Delta Authors Spotlight
In support of the National Arts and Letters Commission, the Delta Authors Spotlight introduces members of the East Point/College Park Alumnae Chapter who are authors and are included in the National Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. publication of the Delta Authors Directory, Volume 6. In this edition, eleven (11) authors from our Chapter are featured. Details on where to purchase their book are provided in the links provided.