EPCP Scholarship Program
EP/CP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS:
The East Point/College Park Alumnae Scholarship Program is designed to empower youth to achieve excellence through higher education. We award a variety of scholarships to young women and men who exemplify academic excellence, strong leadership, and demonstrate active community involvement.
- EP/CP Scholarship Initiatives
- Collegiate Scholarship for members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
- High School Scholarship
- May Week/Oratorical Scholarship Competition
- Special Initiatives
- Art Grant for High School Art Teachers
The Educational Development Committee is pleased to announce that the East Point/College Park Alumnae Chapter will award two (2) scholarships to Collegiate Members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Applicant must be a full-time student, in pursuit of an undergraduate degree and enrolled in an accredited institution in metropolitan Atlanta.
Please see scholarship announcement and application below:
*Scholarship Letter (pdf)
*Scholarship Application (pdf)
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
The East Point/College Park Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. will award a limited number of scholarships to graduating African American male and female high school seniors. Scholarships will be awarded in four categories:
1) Academic: Scholarships awarded in this category will be based primarily on the students’ academic record.
2) Community Service: Scholarships awarded in this category will be based primarily on the students’ record of community service.
3) Leadership: Scholarships awarded in this category will be based primarily on the students’ leadership roles in both school and community.
4) EPCP Educational Development Programs: Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who are current participants in East Point/College Park Alumnae Delta Academy, Delta GEMS, or EMBODI.
Applicants in all scholarship categories must meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirement (2.5 on a 4.0 scale).
Applications will be available Feb. 1, 2020. Please be sure to set a calendar reminder for this opportunity.
MAY WEEK ORATORICAL SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
The May Week Oratorical Scholarship Competition is during May of each year. Contestants are asked to prepare a 5 minute speech on one of five pre-selected topics and present before a panel of judges. Contestants are judged based on a set of criteria, measuring their demonstration of intellectual thinking and positive expression. Scholarship prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Registration begins in April.