Scholarships and Applications
EP/CP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS:
Δ Art Grant for High School Art Teachers (Due March 16)
Δ Collegiate Scholarship for members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (October-November)
Δ Academic Scholarship (February – March)
Δ Oratorical Scholarship Competition (April)
Δ May Week Scholarship Awards (May)
ART GRANT APPLICATION: Click here for application
The Educational Development Committee is pleased to announce that the East Point/College Park Alumnae Chapter will award two (2) scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each to Collegiate Members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Applicants must be a full-time student, in pursuit of an undergraduate degree and enrolled at one of the following institutions:
- Brenau University
- Clark Atlanta University
- Clayton College and State University
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Kennesaw State University
- Mercer University – Atlanta Campus
- Spelman College
- Southern Polytechnic University
- University of West Georgia
For more information, submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The East Point/College Park Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. will award a limited number of scholarships, in the amount of $1,200 each, to graduating African American male and female high school seniors. Scholarships will be awarded in four categories:
1) Academic: Scholarships awarded in this category will be based primarily on the students’ academic record.
2) Community Service: Scholarships awarded in this category will be based primarily on the students’ record of community service.
3) Leadership: Scholarships awarded in this category will be based primarily on the students’ leadership roles in both school and community.
4) EPCP Educational Development Programs: Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who are current participants in East Point/College Park Alumnae Delta Academy, Delta GEMS, or EMBODI.
Applicants in all scholarship categories must meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirement (2.5 on a 4.0 scale).
The completed packet MUST be postmarked and/or received electronically no later than March 1st 2018.
ORATORICAL SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
Graduating high school students are eligible to participate in the May Week Teen Forum Oratorical Scholarship Competition. Contestants are judged based on a set of criteria that measure their demonstration of intellectual thinking and positive expression in 5-minute oral presentation. College scholarships are awarded to the contestants with the highest scores. Three (3) finalists will be selected to attend the May Week Teen Forum Awards Ceremony where the scholarship recipients will be announced. The award categories:
1st Place – $1200
2nd Place – $1000
3rd Place – $800